Weeknight Honey Soy Chicken
This five-ingredient crockpot (or Instapot!) is perfect for an easy weeknight meal. The longer the chicken cooks in the crockpot the more fall off the bone tender it is. Serve with a side of rice and some broccoli and it is a perfectly "delightful" (as the five-year-old would say!) dinner.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic minced (or three tbs of jarred minced garlic
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- Combine all the ingredients together in a measuring cup and stir to combine.
- Lay the chicken skin side up in a single layer, pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- If your chicken isn't browned on the top you can put it in the Air Fryer for 3-4 minutes until the skin has crisped up. Alternatively, you can put it under a broiler for 2-3 minutes.
If using an Instapot, follow these notes:
- Combine sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Add oil to InstaPot and add thighs skin-side down. Cook, in batches, if needed, until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes, then flip and cook 3 minutes more. Remove chicken from pot. Fit Instant Pot with trivet and place thighs skin side up. Pour sauce over the chicken thighs. Secure lid and press the manual setting. Cook on high for 12 minutes and then let the pressure release naturally.
- Carefully remove thighs and trivet, plate and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!