This is a copy recipe from an amazing steakhouse in San Antonio. We were lucky enough to have a friend work there and share the secret. While the marinade is great as a finishing sauce as well, the whole dish is better if the steak marinate in it overnight.
Filet Mignon for Valentine’s Day
- soy sauce about 3 tablespoons
- garlic fresh or powder to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Vodka about 2 tablespoons
- Mix all the ingredients together in a cup or custard dish, wisk to combine with a fork. Pour 1/2 the mixture over the filet. Let marinate for at least an hour. Once coals are hot (truthfully, J does this, so I’m not entirely sure of the actual grilling process), add filet. Baste with up to two tablespoon when you turn the meat. Cook to desired doneness. You should still have a little reserve marinade. Once you’ve removed the filet from the grill, pour the rest or use as a dipping sauce.
It takes a few times to get the proportions perfect to your taste, but once you do, you’ll never go back to plain old A-1 sauce again.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!