Life with a newborn (now technically an infant!) was hectic before I went back to work. Now, it’s even more of a whirlwind and I started looking for shortcuts for many meals, especially breakfast. Since my usual dairy laden cereal and breakfast bar are now out due to baby A’s milk protein issues. Enter my favorite kitchen appliance (aside from the food processor): the crockpot.
With some steel cut oats, the applesauce I made and froze this fall and a few other ingredients I had an easy breakfast that I didn’t have to think about! Even better, it was automatically dairy free!
Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 apple chopped
- 2 cups applesauce I used this one!
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Your favorite non-stick spray
- Spray the crockpot with non-stick spray. Add the apple sauce.
- Add the oatmeal.
- Add the apples.
- Add the water and cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir to combine. Just make sure the oats are all in contact with the liquid.
- Cover and cook on low for at least 7 hours.
- I accidentally cooked mine for 9 and it turned out fine. This is what it looked like when I woke up.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
Delicious, easy and filling. I can’t wait to try more overnight breakfast options especially as baby A grows! It also reheats well if you have leftovers.