The easiest dessert for the Fourth of July or any summer picnics is the standard Cool Whip plus berries. Since I’m still avoiding dairy and wheat (remnants from the No Six diet – no: dairy, wheat, eggs, fish, soy or peanuts I’ve been on since January for Baby A.) I needed to come up with a just as easy alternative but that was dairy free. Enter the most amazing CoCo Whip.
- 1 bag Frozen Strawberries or fresh!, if using frozen, let thaw on the counter
- 1 tub Coco Whip
- 1 bag Frozen blueberries or fresh!, if using frozen, let thaw on the counter
- Layer the blueberries on the bottom of your favorite tupperware or parfait glass.
- Then add the tub of Coco Whip.
- Then add the strawberries on top. If you prefer a more layered look, go with half the blueberries, half the Coco Whip, half the strawberries, and repeat!
- Return to the refrigerator or the freezer.
- Keep cold until just before serving for a more ice cream like dessert.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
It is just as delicious kind of frozen as it is mostly melted in the July heat.