These are yet another tradition in J’s family for Christmas morning. In the past, I found them greasy and not very tasty. I’m not entirely sure what J did differently than the rest of his family, but this year they were delicious! They weren’t greasy at all and the flavors really melded together.
Sausage Cheese Balls
- 3 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese 16 ounces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of cookie sheet. Stir together all ingredients, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.
As I said before these were much better than in years past. They are best right out of the oven, but if you do make them ahead, you have two options, either don’t fully cook them, refrigerate and then pop them back in the oven just before you want them or just cook them through and microwave. They weren’t bad microwaved. We also made the batter ahead and kept it in the refrigerator for two days. These were easy enough that I might consider making them on weekend or for brunch.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!