This is quite possibly one of my most favorite desserts of all time. Recently when we weren’t able to get to Flat Branch, J and I tried to recreate it on our own. We were pretty successful!
Copycat Flat Branch Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae
- Jumbo Toll House Cookie Dough 12 come in a package. Available in the refrigerator section of the grocery store.
- Tiger Stripe Ice Cream only sold at Schnucks and the Mizzou campus in Columbia. Your favorite ice cream would work just as well if Tiger Stripe isn’t available.
- We use three of the cookies at a time and squish them together on a baking sheet. If you bake the cookie this way, you will need to bake it at 325 degrees (per the package directions) for about 18 minutes. If you pull the cookies apart, they will be crisper and will only need to bake for about 15 minutes. Obviously, we like our cookies a little chewier.
- Once the cookie is baked, let it cool for about 3 minutes. Just long enough so it doesn’t come apart when you pull it off the baking sheet.
- Then plate it and add as much ice cream as you like! The ice cream will melt quickly so be prepared. If you want to add some chocolate sauce and some whipped cream.
The ambiance and appeal of Flat Branch is lacking in this recipe. And we don’t have a pizza oven to bake the cookie in or the special recipe, but in a pinch this is good enough. I only wish we had discovered this when we lived in Texas!