Mexican Roasted Corn Salad
- 4 cups ears of corn 3cooked kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion diced ¼-inch dice
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper ¼-inch dice
- 1/2 cup cucumber ¼-inch dice
- 1 avocado ¼-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño minced we accidentally left this out the first time and didn't miss it
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese cotija is our preferred!
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt non-fat, plain
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 zest lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper ground more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper freshly ground to taste
- For the salad, lightly brush each corn cob with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. We roasted ours in the oven under the broiler. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping for about 12 minutes total. You want to achieve some char marks on each side.
- Set corn aside and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob on a cutting board.
- In a large bowl combine corn, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro and ¼ cup of cheese.
- For the dressing, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, zest, chipotle pepper, cumin, and salt.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk into dressing until smooth. Taste dressing and add more salt and pepper as desired.
I was so sad when it was all gone. Luckily, we still had some dressing left over, which made an excellent chicken breast marinade!