J made this recipe from Kraft for dinner earlier this week. We were surprised at the flavor and how filling it was!
Easy Baked Manicotti
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce divided
- 1-3/4 cups Ricotta Cheese we used part skim
- 1-1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup pesto we used store-bought in a jar
- 12 manicotti shells cooked, rinsed in cold water
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce onto bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish. Mix cheeses, egg and pesto until well blended; spoon into a resealable plastic bag. Use scissors to cut a small corner from the bottom of the bag. Fill manicotti shells by squeezing cheese mixture into both sides of each shell; place in baking dish. Top with remaining sauce; cover (we used tin foil). Bake 40 min. or until heated through.
This dish was flavorful and delicious. We actually used a whole jar of pasta sauce because we like the sauce and two cups seemed so little. J had some trouble filling the manicotti and said he broke a few, but if he hadn’t said anything I would never have noticed. Super easy weeknight meal. We ended up freezing half of the manicotti for an even faster weeknight meal in the future.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!