We love cookies. Finding alternative cookies we can eat that also taste good is a bit more challenging. Luckily, I found this recipe on the back of Bob’s Red Mill Almond flour. With a few alterations, it is the perfect chocolate chip cookie alternative.
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil for chewy cookies
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg room temperature
- 2 Egg Whites room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Natural Almond Flour or blanched Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Red and Green M&Ms or more!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine almond meal, baking soda and sea salt and set aside.
- Mix room temperature coconut oil and maple syrup in a mixer until creamy but not fully incorporated. Add room-temperature whole egg, egg whites and vanilla extracts until fully mixed.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix briefly. Add M&Ms and mix until well combined.
- Place large rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Place in oven.
- NOTE: After about 3-4 minutes take them out and use the bottom of a glass to flatter. If you try to flatten the cookies before they have started to set, the cookies will just stick to the glass.
- Bake until set and golden, about 12- 15 minutes.