We love these almond butter protein bites for peanut-free, easy snacks for elementary kids. Great for lunches and snacks.
Easy Cookie Dough Protein Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal Quick cooking works best but we've used old fashioned as well.
- 1/2 cup almond butter You might need slightly more. It might easier to use this briefly (20 seconds or less) warmed in the microwave. You can also substitute sunflower butter or peanut butter if you prefer.
- 1/3 cuo honey
- 1/3 cuo protein powder vanilla We have also had success using chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt our favorite is kosher salt
- 1/3 cup m&ms or mini chocolate chips Or both. You can also add more or less depending on your taste.
- add oatmeal, protein powder, honey and almond butter, vanilla and salt to a bowl.
- Mix with your hands.
- Add chocolate chips and/or mini M&Ms.
- Mix again. Form into balls.
- Refigerate overnight.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!