Hawaiian Pineapple and Coconut Rice
This summer we were looking for a quick and easy dinner that would use up some ham and leftover rice. This was delicious and has earned a place in our regular rotation. Even the preschooler loved it!
- 2 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves smashed or minced
- 1/2 cup ham diced or deli chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup pineapple we just use canned
- macadamia nuts crushed if desired
- 2 tablespoon green onions
- Make two cups of rice using coconut milk and pineapple juice. Allow rice to cool. If you'd like put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Toast your coconut in a non-stick skillet until in is toasty brown. Set aside.
- Place your coconut oil, onions, garlic, ginger in the pan until aromatic. Add the ham and cook quickly until lightly golden. Add your cooked basmati rice, Chicken Soup Base (we like Penzy's) and white pepper and mix quickly in your pan until all of the rice is covered evenly with the coconut oil and seasoning.
- Add the pineapple, green onions and continue stirring quickly, just until warmed.
- Serve on plate and top with crushed macademia nuts, toasted coconut and green onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 thoughts on “Hawaiian Pineapple and Coconut Rice”
I just love the coconut pineapple and coconut combination for your fabulous rice dish. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post. I’m a total wimp about hot and spicy foods, and I didn’t notice any heat with this dish. I think if it’s a little spicy on it’s own, the small amount plus being mixed in with the creamy coconut milk really counteract that.
I’m so glad you loved it! It has become an almost weekly staples in our house!