Japanese hibachi style fried rice
- 4 cups White Rice short-grained cooked
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 2 tbsp Carrot shredded we ended up using about one and a half small carrots
- 2 eggs
- one Onion diced
- bunch of scallions diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- The Rice: Cook rice according to package directions.
- Put in bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool while getting the rest of the ingredients together.
- Eggs: Scramble the eggs in a small pan over medium heat. Separate the scrambled chunks of egg into small pea-size bits while cooking.
- When the rice has cooled to near room temperature, add peas, shredded carrot, scrambled egg and diced onion to the bowl.
- Dump the bowl of rice into the pan with the eggs.
- Slowly add the soy sauce plus a dash of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Cook rice for 6-8 minutes over heat, stirring often. (We actually only cooked it for about another 5. This will depend on the Wok you are using and how hot your stovetop gets.)
- Serve immediately
My opinion: I love this rice. It's simple and filling enough to eat as a meal by itself.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!