- You don’t mind taking a call after hours and not just because spending five minutes to solve the issue now will save you a half hour of fixing it later.
- You check your work e-mail at least once in the evening (via smart phone counts! Double points if you respond!) and several times over the weekend.
- You attend “optional” work related functions, happily.
- You rarely leave on time because you want to just finish this one thing.
- You find yourself planning ahead for tomorrow, next week, next month and next year.
- Even when you don’t feel 100 percent, (but aren’t contagious!) you go into the office.
- You feel like you make a difference.
- You are regularly too busy working to remember to eat lunch until your stomach growls.
- You look forward to meetings.
- You make it a point to walk around the office and say hello to people you haven’t seen in a few days.
- You learn something new every day.
The number one reason I know I really love my job and the organization is when even my parents are sick of hearing how wonderful everything is and how much happier I am.
What about you? How do you know when you love your job?