We make this dish regularly and it is just as good in the winter as it is in the summer. Lately, we’ve been using Beanitos in place of tortilla chips and it is just as good.
- 2 cup Chicken cooked
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Green onions
- 1 Lime wedges
- 1-2 green peppers diced
- 1 28- oz. can Tomatoes fire roasted
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- shredded cheese quesadilla, Monterey Jack and cheddar are all good options.
- In your InstaPot add the oil, chicken, cumin, garlic, paprika, salt and chicken broth. Set the venting knob to Sealing Position. Set to Poultry for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, dice the onion and green pepper.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, quick release the pressure by carefully move the venting knob from Sealing Position to Venting Position.
- Remove the chicken.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, green pepper and green onions to the pot. Turn to saute for 10-15 minutes.
- Use an immersion stick blender and blend the mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Shred the chicken and add back to the pot.
- Cover and put on keep warm until ready to serve.