Best Gluten-Free Apple Pie Ever
After making two rounds of the easiest apple sauce ever, I tried my hand at a gluten-free apple pie adapting an All Recipes recipe. I don’t think I’ve ever had an apple pie that was this delicious and I’ve eaten a lot of apple pie.
- 1 gluten-free pie crust we used the KINNIK brand from our local grocer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour we used Krusteaz Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 -10 pounds apples peeled and cored (we used about 2 pounds of the locally picked apple
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (we used our convection feature which automatically reset the temperature to 400 degrees).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer, continue stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Place the crust on a baking sheet to catch drips.
- Fill the pie crust with apples, mounded slightly. Carefully pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not runoff.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated 425 (or 400) degree oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (our oven reset the convection temperature to 325 degrees).
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are fork-tender.