Like everyone else, thanks to COVID-19, we have spent the last three-plus weeks at home. This means Miss A and I have been doing quite a bit more baking. We’ve mastered several modified recipes and so far, this Gluten-Free Baked Vanilla Sprinkle Doughnuts is our favorite.
Gluten-Free Baked Vanilla Sprinkle Doughnut
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour We used Krusteaz Gluten Free All Purpose Flour.
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil You can use melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles or other sprinkles of your choice
- Your favorite frosting We are partial to chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a doughnut pan or muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together with a fork until completely combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the almond milk, yogurt, and eggs. Whisk until smooth. Add in the olive oil and vanilla extract. Whisk again until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until they are fully combined and there are no dry spots. The batter will be thick and sticky. (If it is too dry add a bit more milk, if it is too wet add more gluten-free flour.)
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the greased pan until they are filled 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. The doughnuts will be golden-brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- Once the doughnuts are cooled, frost them with your favorite icing. We're partial to chocolate